Moving on to the content page of the vinyl cover for Daft Punk I wanted to have some kind of image in the background so it gives the page some sort of style. I looked at putting the illustration that is mixed with fill and strokes and put the opacity down a lot because I didn’t want it to be too noticeable for the viewers to get distracted.

Screenshot 2017-05-05 19.51.01 start

From the screenshot you can’t really notice it at all so in a later blog I am going to be looking at it printed and work from there to judge how visible it should be.

On the content page I wanted to put images of the guys faces but in order to do this I had to grab some from the web seeing that I really cannot go and grab these two celebs and start taking photos of them. I checked with my lecturer to see if I could go ahead and use an image from online and he said it’ll be fine and he completely understands the situation. 

I took this image from here.

I went on to slicing up the photo to just portrait shots of each one of them because I didn’t want the images to be too big for the page because I wanted there to be a fair bit of white space and enough room to fit in a heavy amount of text because I want this page to be a bio page of the two.

Thinking it would be a neat idea I then went on to getting the illustrations of each helmet and overlaid them over the specific individual, I also reduced the opacity to give off the feel of them revealing themselves through the mask. This helps the viewer know which person is which too.

Screenshot 2017-05-05 20.09.15

I wanted to finish off by bringing in the specific colours of each mask but didn’t see the point of bringing the visor colour in although now thinking about it I think it would be necessary to do so because as you cant really see the masks through on screen let alone on print!

So here is the final look, I went for the visor colour as that it really does help out the fact of people seeing what I had actually done with the photos.

Screen Shot 2017-05-09 at 14.23.07