04/05/17

So here I am looking at ways to edit the content within the Daft Punk album. I want to go for that glitch look that I had experimented with a few weeks back because it goes with the style of music being techno punk. I wanted to start with getting rid of the face to reinforce the album name and the whole idea of them being unmasked to show who they really are.

I took of to photoshop to start experimenting.

Screenshot 2017-05-04 15.10.51 start

Here I have cut out the face and have copied it over to the template file that I had created for the glitch effect.

Screenshot 2017-05-04 15.11.04

I then went on to experimenting with the illustration of the masks, trying to blend it in naturally with the photo.

Screenshot 2017-05-04 15.14.43

Screenshot 2017-05-04 15.19.56

I then went on to put it underneath the face layer to troll the viewers but I felt this didn’t really work through trial and error. I wanted to do this because it’s an internet trend and connects to technology in a way in which that is what Daft Punk is all about.

I went back to experiment with a different cut out of the face, instead of deleting the face I’m going to keep it and you’ll see what I am going to be doing following these screen shots.

Screenshot 2017-05-04 15.30.58

So I am showing off the fact that the face plate has fell off showing the inside of the shell being her head but the connotations here are to show that it’s daft punks costume/ mask breaking away to show their true Identity.

Screenshot 2017-05-04 15.31.28Screenshot 2017-05-04 15.35.08

Here you can see that I am experimenting with different shadow options, adding more layers to try my best to make it look as realistic as possible because I don’t want it to look out of place, it has to look as natural as possible even though the concept is so bizarre.

Next I will be merging this idea with the glitch idea in a separate blog post. This experimentation has helped me think about how I should take my portrait photos when it comes to it.

Advertisements