03/05/17

After having a talk and showing my work to my tutor, she mentioned that I should work with the kerning of the logo as it is a little all over the place. This has bought myself attend the fault and here I will be doing so because I want to get the logo as close as it can be to the original and I can’t really take a vector of the logo as that could count as plagiarism!

So I still have the font Daft font but I’ve got to expand the text so I can resize, rotate and move each letter easier as that looking at their logo there is a fair amount of different sized letters.

Screenshot 2017-05-05 19.36.52 start

So starting with the T it is slightly rotated and slanted to the right and is also a little enlarged I believe.

Screenshot 2017-05-05 19.38.09

Here I edit the flick on the f and bring the d in a little closer as it looked a little lost before.

Screenshot 2017-05-05 19.39.30

Here I join the n and k together as you can see I dragged in an image from online to use as guidelines. Now I feel that I’ve sorted out the kerning I now just need to sort out the leading.

Screenshot 2017-05-05 19.40.53 end

Now that I have bought the two together it looks pretty identical to the original. I can see that the font that I have used is a little too thin but I feel that it makes it look cleaner, I want this because of the fact it’s their final album and I wanted to bring in their old design to their new clean look that they have used recently.

Advertisements