21/04/17

From my last post I am going to be showing you the last page layout and all the pages all together, looking at the style and consistency of the design throughout.

Screenshot 2017-04-24 23.15.26

So with the final page I wanted to look for a new photo, one that was my own and of high quality. When I went to Hever castle a few months back I kept this project in mind and was looking for large photos that would work well with a double page spread of this size.

The photo I chose was this one below seeing as that it goes with the natural pantone of all the other photos. The red within the photo also critically makes the page stand out from the others. A thing I had noticed about Creative Review is that it is rather bland and doesn’t really capture the eye of their expected audience. In response to that I chose to take a risk to make my pages stand out with bright and interesting imagery.

Screenshot 2017-04-24 23.26.11

As you can see from the screenshot above that the photo does not really fit the whole page. To resolve this I took the image again, cropped it and stretched the cropped version placing it onto the other side of the E so it blends in naturally.

Screenshot 2017-04-24 23.26.47Screenshot 2017-04-24 23.28.44

Moving on to the written content I felt that it was too cramped up inside of the E and didn’t really work as well as I thought it would. Why E do you ask? Well it’s purely because its the first letter of the title of the page. This may change though as I’m unsure on using that as a title as it has no relevance to the other content at the moment. I chose to place the text away from the E into the white space and the result has come out almost perfectly though there’s something missing to make it stand out.

As I have done in the past I made a black box, reduced the opacity of it and have placed it beneath the text to lift it out of the page making it easier to read – yet not destroying the photo behind.

Screenshot 2017-04-24 23.30.22Screenshot 2017-04-24 23.30.26

To finish off all I had to do was change the font.

Screenshot 2017-04-24 23.53.33

All the black text within the document I went back and changed the tint so it was a lot easier on the eye. I also done the same with the page numbers, reducing the tint a little more that the paragraph styles.

Screenshot 2017-04-25 00.06.52

I then went back to the first page to make the layout the same as the last page – Matching the paragraph styles and image placement.

Here is a final look at all the pages. Here I will be judging the consistency.

Screenshot 2017-04-25 14.15.47Screenshot 2017-04-25 14.16.01Screenshot 2017-04-25 14.16.36Screenshot 2017-04-25 14.17.08

As you can see here what I have done is made my article open and close with a double page of the same style of each other so that the reader knows where it begins and ends. What I like to call the inside beef of it all it is kept very clean and easy to read. The colour within the beef is all very the same and all link to natural beauty and colour.

 

Advertisements