20/04/17

Now with what I have got so far with my double page spreads, I’m pleased with most the content on there, but I may need to look at putting more content in. Seeing that I have just done a few photography trips with this project in mind, I will be looking at some new content to fill up the pages if necessary.

First of all i wanted to make the first page look a little tidier design wise. I used a method that I learnt about at work experience using the path finder tool and the create outlines tool for the large W. Here is my process.

Screenshot 2017-04-24 22.16.06

Screenshot 2017-04-24 22.12.49

Screenshot 2017-04-24 22.12.22

Screenshot 2017-04-24 17.53.26

I felt that the next page didn’t really need much editing so I have left it for the time being.

Moving onto the next spread I went on to completely redesigning it to make it look more like the style used within Creative Review.

Screenshot 2017-04-24 22.26.06

Here you can see that already the layout has changed – the column to the right is space for a photograph and I have looked through some I had taken from Berling Gap. I chose this photo as I wanted the page to relate to it and the other content to flow with it with similar colours.

Screenshot 2017-04-24 22.32.21

So now it’s time to look at some more content to fill this page with as that at least one of the spreads should be a little meaty.

Screenshot 2017-04-24 22.54.02

I thought this way was the best way to balance out this spread as that three small ones will make up for that one long one. Like I mentioned earlier I wanted the other photos to link in colour with the main photo. I think, with the shots I chose, are smartly contrasted to match the main photo as they’re taken from a different day and location yet keep consistent to the main colours.

Screenshot 2017-04-24 22.59.26

I have placed placeholder text underneath each photo and will fill them soon with rich text. I used a faint line to divide the photos from the text. You may have also noticed that I have changed the font to Helvetica as that it is a lot easier to read and works very well with the content because of the fact that it keeps the pages looking clean and tidy.

Screenshot 2017-04-24 22.57.14

Though I used tools within inDesign to make the spaces even I just wanted to double check – as you can see I created a rectangle in between two of them and checked to see if it was the same the other end.

I will go into a further post to discuss the changes of the last page and we will explore the new look of the whole file.

Advertisements