17/04/17

Here I am starting to put together my templates for my Vinyls. After looking at some to get an idea on dimensions I had discovered that the size of the cover needs to be a little bit larger than the size of the 12″ Vinyl. I decided to increase the dimensions to half an inch more.

For this option I am going to be spreading the 4 folds across one art board which will make it easier when it comes to printing. So in total there will be two art boards, one for the back and one for the front.

Screenshot 2017-04-19 21.13.26

So below you can see that I have already started experimenting with an idea and you can see from the layout whats going to be where for when it comes to print.

On the top art board you can see starting from the left that the first fold is blank as this will not be on view, the second is the artwork for what will be covering the disk, the third is for the front cover and the last one is for the content or about fold.

Screenshot 2017-04-19 21.19.52

On the bottom art board you can see starting from the left that the first fold is for the first song lyrics, the second is for the second song lyrics, the third is empty as this will not be on show once it has been printed and folded and the last one is for the back cover.

Later on down the line I will be looking at another layout option being to just have a simple sleeve with a 12″ booklet within. This will all be considered towards printing options.

Advertisements