Today we have been given a small project with a real life client, the brief is as followed. The project is creation of the brand and logo for the Kent Sales Academy.
550 of the top Sales Directors and senior sales execs in the UK attended the Association of Professional Sales annual conference in London in June 2016 and were asked a number of questions. The one that was the most significant to the audience was:
“What do you believe to be the biggest challenge facing the sales industry today?”
The No 1 answer was “Lack of talent/clear skills development within the community today”
It is a national problem and it is certainly a problem in Kent and there is a huge demand for sales talent in businesses.
The Role of the Academy is to provide well trained and highly motivated sales people to the Kent business community, which will increase the GVA of Kent and the success and competitiveness of Kent business. It will do this by delivering the following:
- Make students aware that sales is an exciting and lucrative career opportunity and enticing them to join the KSA
- Test for the DNA of a sales person which is resilience, tenacity and curiosity to ensure they are able to complete the apprenticeship and are suitable for a sales role
- Run a sales for beginners course in schools
- Finding sales apprenticeship jobs in Kent for 19-24 year olds who will be paid above the average wage for their peer group.
- Run a series of 3 month sales training courses for unemployed school or university leavers linked to the traineeship funding
- Placing students into one year apprenticeships where we will deliver a series of sales training courses across the year leveraging the apprenticeship funding
The Kent Sales Academy will launch in April 2017.
The objectives of the Academy are:
- to give students the opportunity to learn how to sell and open them up to jobs in the largest industry in the world which they are not aware of – business to business sales
- to give students qualifications in sales that they can use in any career in any country
- to provide Kent with much needed sales talent to drive revenues in businesses
- to drive apprenticeships in sales in Kent in line with the new Levy that comes into play in April 2017
- to increase the GVA of Kent
The Style & Requirements are down to the West Kent team but the overall brand needs to appeal to the youth (16-24 year olds), parents and businesses.
Delivery of the brand is requested by the first week of March 2017. It is requested that we are supplied with the brand, brand guidelines including colour palette and logo.
The rights to the usage of all images will remain with the UK Sales Academy Ltd of which 50% is owned by the Hadlow Group. However, a credit will, where possible, be given to the West Kent design team.