06/05/16

Here is a visual and verbal journal of my process on my first attempt on creating my DPS, this is still using dummy photos.

Screen Shot 2016-05-09 at 17.08.09

Here I selected the dummy photo which wasn’t so much a dummy shot as that I had taken it but it was on my iPhone so the quality wasn’t how I wanted it. Anyway I resized the image slightly, cropped it and placed it on the left hand page.

Screen Shot 2016-05-09 at 17.08.21Screen Shot 2016-05-09 at 17.10.50

Then I thought what if I enlarge the image to fill the whole page like I did when I was experimenting with layouts, though the image looked a little stretched and distorted it was only a test photo so it wasn’t the final photo of use.

Screen Shot 2016-05-09 at 17.12.45

I decided to experiment with boxes for where the text could be laid into the page. I thought the one would be good if it was slightly transparent but then remembered from my inspiration double page spreads that the was one which stood out particular which was this one.

NPhoto-Magazine-spread1

I adapted it and realised that it doesn’t block as much of the photo as the other textbox did.

Screen Shot 2016-05-09 at 17.14.00

This attempt was an experiment mostly trying out the two different layouts that I thought would work best, in the next post I will be putting in the main images and designing more the detail in the pages such as the page numbers.

Advertisements