11/02/16

With my next design idea I wanted to use one of the photos I captured from the other day. I decided on using a close up shot and fitted it to the screen. I also cut the background out with the quick select and magic wand tool.

Screen Shot 2016-02-11 at 22.48.01

I then copied this layer and liquified the duplicate layer like so.

Screen Shot 2016-02-11 at 22.49.21

I had to then add masks to each layer, the original had to have a white mask and the liquified version had to have a black mask. I then selected a variety of splatter paint brushes in black and started placing splatters around the original version. Doing this erases areas of the photo.

Screen Shot 2016-02-11 at 22.49.48

Doing the same but with a white brush with the liquified layer selected added areas of the liquified image.

Screen Shot 2016-02-11 at 22.50.09

I then went on to adding all the content. With the titles I had to make sure that they were very visible and clear to read, at first I had the main title not in bold, a few people I showed this to picked it up and told me it should be bold. I changed it and thought it worked well.

Screen Shot 2016-02-11 at 22.50.17Screen Shot 2016-02-11 at 22.50.28Screen Shot 2016-02-11 at 22.50.41

With the author’s name I think it works a treat and stands out rather well. I chose to have the text alignment like that because it made the front page more balanced and not more to the left.

Screen Shot 2016-02-11 at 22.50.49Screen Shot 2016-02-11 at 22.50.56Screen Shot 2016-02-11 at 22.51.06

*I had almost made the mistake of the text on the spine being anti clockwise!*

This version would be printed either on Softy or normal paper.

Link to PDF

Advertisements