Each year the UK alone discards enough Christmas wrapping paper to reach 90% of the way to the Moon. Most wrapping paper is not recyclable as the foils, glitter and shine cannot be salvaged. Yet we still want an exciting Christmas.
So here are a few ideas I have in mind to make the wrapping paper in some way recyclable:
- Make it editable
- Get rid of glitter and just use colour
- change the paper into thin like newspaper too it is also easier to unwrap
- Charge more for the use of glitter and shine
- Instead of using wrapping paper just use christmas bags
- Create dissolvable wrapping paper that evaporates when wet
*List may update*
Doing this activity helped us take something that already exists and making it better for the world we live in today. I found this task rather helpful and it should lead me in the right direction to take on this new assignment.